- This event has passed.
One Love Long Island Yoga Festival To Benefit Girls Inc.!
September 24, 2016 @ 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM$72
One Love Long Island Yoga Festival – 2016
At One Love Long Island 2016, 20 Yoga Studio Communities from across Long Island will unite with common breath, compassion & the practice of yoga to raise awareness and funds in support of organizations that work to eradicate the horrific practice of human trafficking. Our partners & projects provide refuge, rehabilitation, & economic opportunities to survivors of trafficking globally. This year the monies raised will support Puresa Humanitarian, Girls Inc. of Long Island, and as always OLLI works in collaboration with Off the Mat into the World to support their continued work using yoga to inspire conscious sustainable activism and ignite grassroot social change.
OLLI is pledging 20% of this years proceeds to Girls Inc. of Long Island! Monies donated will be earmarked for a weeklong Yoga and Social Justice Institute for high school girls on Long Island during the summer 2017. Depending on amount of funds raised, Girls Inc. will additionally provide yoga classes to every location we serve at least twice per semester during the 2016.
The Day’s Program
- 8:30 – 8:45am – Check in and Mindra on the harmonium
- 8:45 – 9:00am – OLLI 2016 Intro
- 9:00 – 10:30am – 108 Sun Salutations – Global Mala – Live music with DJMikau
- 10:30 – 11:30am – Performance by The Drummatics, The Acro Traveling Circus & Hooping with Swarmi Hoopananda
- 11:30 -1:00pm – Cosmic Lotus Flow with DANA FLYNN
- 1:00 – 1:15pm – Circle Peace Meditation with Dana & Giselle
- 1:30 – 2:30pm – 4 Class Offerings
- 2:30 – 3:30pm – Musical Jam with Michael Marzigliano & his band
*** Live Music Performances *** Drum Circle *** Meditation Tent *** Henna Artist *** Face Painting *** Astrology & Tarot Readings *** Vendor Booths & Activities galore throughout the day!!!
$72/ticket – every ticket holder receives a:
One Love Long Island Class Pass
1 FREE CLASS at every Participating Studio!!!!