As of June 22, 2020
Girls Inc. of Long Island is committed to protecting the online and offline privacy of users and donors.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect or you may provide when you visit the Girls Inc. of Long Island website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- Through and from donors.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party (including any affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Girls Inc. of Long Island adheres to the following standards of ethics for Donors laid out in the Association of Fundraising Professionals “Donor Bill of Rights” Donors have the right to:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share. As well, Girls Inc. of Long Island will not sell donor information to any third-party entity, nor share donor information with outside parties without the express consent of the donor.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- You do not have to provide personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) to visit and enjoy many features of our Site.
- We may use the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to fulfill your requests, such as signing you up for e-updates or newsletters and to improve our Site and services.
- We may share your Personal Information with our agents and service providers. We may also share information with law enforcement or regulatory authorities, in response to a subpoena or legal process and in connection with our efforts to protect the rights and interests of Girls Inc. of Long Island or other third parties.
- We may collect anonymous, aggregate data to improve our site and features.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
Visitors can visit our Site without registering or providing Personal Information, but we do collect Personal Information to make certain features and options available. We collect Personal Information when it is voluntarily provided, for instance when registering for e-mail updates or making a donation. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services] We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INFORMATION GIRLS INC. OF LONG ISLAND COLLECTS AUTOMATICALLY
Your web browser offers “cookies” which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a web site. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser and our web sites are viewable even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features of our site will not be available to you.
Girls Inc. of Long Island may utilize cookie technology to assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. Cookies also enable us to customize our content according to your preferences.
WHAT WE DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information we collect to fulfill your requests. For instance, if you wish to donate to Girls Inc. of Long Island, we will use the information you provide to process your donation. If you visit the Site and register to receive a newsletter, we will use the registration information to send the newsletter. We may also use collected information to evaluate and administer our service, respond to any problems that may arise, and to gauge user trends to determine what features are of most interest to our visitors. Additionally, we may use the information to carry out obligations and enforce rights arising from contracts entered into between you and Girls Inc. of Long Island, to notify you about changes to the Site, or for any other purpose with your consent.
We may, at times, produce reports containing aggregate information about our users such as demographic, age, and online usage information. This allows us to provide information and features that are most relevant to our users. We do not include Personal Information in these reports.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We do not knowingly collect information from any children under the age of 13. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Girls Inc. of Long Island is not legally required to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Girls Inc. of Long Island is not required to obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting Personal Data from children under the age of 13. We nonetheless encourage parents and guardians to talk with their children about online safety and about sharing information, including Personal Data online. We also encourage parents and guardians to Contact Us should they have any questions about our policies or practices. California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
OUR SECURITY FEATURES
We use reasonable standard security measures to protect credit card data during transmission. Girls Inc. of Long Island employees are made aware of its website privacy practices and we limit access to Personal Information to those employees with a specific need to retrieve this information. Girls Inc. of Long Island may give other companies access to our information database, but only if necessary to allow them to provide technical or fulfillment services to Girls Inc. of Long Island.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted by external servers. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
UPDATING YOUR PREFERENCES
A user can, at any time, change, correct, modify or delete any personal information they may have provided to Girls Inc. of Long Island. Users can also unsubscribe from any newsletters or opt out of various promotional e-mailings at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” links in the newsletter or e-mails. Parents may review and request that we update or delete their child’s information by sending a signed request, including their e-mail address, the child’s e-mail address, birth date, and first name, to our Content Manager at the address below. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
VISITORS FROM INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Girls Inc. of Long Island and the server which makes this site available worldwide is located in the United States. All matters relating to this site are governed by the laws of the State of New York in the United States. If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. Any information you provide will be transferred to the U.S. By visiting this Site and submitting Personal Information, you authorize this transfer.
PROTECTING OUR SITE
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our site and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfill your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact: [email protected]